Monday, November 11, 2013

Surprisingly Simple Secret to Rock Star Nails for Guitar Goddesses!

 
 



Kelly Clarkson may not enjoy sporting long fingernails, but on occasion many of us guitar goddesses do.  Think New Year's Eve, a hot date, class reunion or special party.  What's a female guitar hero to do?
 
As guitarists, we need to keep our nails short unless we learn how to play a la Dolly Parton, who rocks barre chords with massively long nails.  Are we doomed to live with our short (although still incredibly amazing) fingernails year 'round?  The answer is "no."  I've discovered the incredibly simple solution to an amazing manicure.
 

Go from short and stubby to long and luscious fingernails in under 10 minutes and for under $10 bucks.

 
 
Ladies, here is your answer:
 
 
 

 

Press-On Manicure from Impress.  You're welcome.

 
If you are "of a certain maturity level" (ahem), like me, you may remember Lee Press On Nails from back in the day. They were the white trash alternative to salon acrylic nails.  You glued these fingernail-looking pieces of plastic to your own nails and then covered the monstrosities with polish.  I remember they were hard to apply, scary pointy looking and, for me, an utter failure.  We have come a long way, baby.

 

Now press on nails are cool.



Aren't these amazing?  Instant glam with a hard rock vibe.


It turns out that Impress (and a few other manufacturers)  now make super cool press on nails in an assortment of colors and styles. They aren't pointy like daggers, nor outrageously long.  The faux nails are a nice manageable length. All you do is peel off the adhesive backing and stick them on.  That's it!  Perfect solution for us lady guitarists to who want to rock spectacular nails in a pinch.

A must-visit:  Castello di Amorosa
I discovered this incredible invention last summer.  I was planning a girls' weekend with my sis and we were going to attend several parties and a private concert at the Castello di Amorosa winery.  Needless to say, I wanted to look amazing and that awesomeness had to include my nails too!

While browsing the beauty aisle at CVS looking for sparkly polish to paint on my stubby fingertips, I was shocked and amazed to see what looked like breathtakingly beautiful decorated fingernails right next to the bottles of polish.  WTF?

Nowadays press on nails look incredibly real.   My sis didn't even know they were fake until I whipped out a package and convinced her to try them on!  I  always receive compliments on my nails when I wear them (which admittedly isn't often with my drab, boring everyday life).  

I love that you can tweak the nails to suit your personal style. Since I'm not used to wearing my nails long anymore, I trim the length just a bit to suit my comfort zone.

Let It Rock's Press On Nail Tips:

  • make sure your nails are clean and dry before applying
  • dump the nails on your counter and choose the correct size for each finger before you are ready to stick down
  • start applying to your dominant hand first
  • leave the thumbs until last; it makes the others easier to apply
  • if the nails are a bit long for you, just use nail clippers to trim them up
  • often I will leave them long for an event, and then trim to my short "guitar friendly" length
Piece of cake.

Your new "manicure" may last as long as a week.   Each bottle contains extra nails, so if you lose one it's easy to pop on another.  You can also reapply with nail glue if that's something you have on hand.  (I'm betting no, but I don't want to make any assumptions.)   If you want to remove the nails, just soak in nail polish remover and peel off.

So there you have it.  My simple secret to instantly glamorous nails for guitar goddesses!





No comments:

Post a Comment