Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 12 - My Arm Is Stupid

I still believe that someday I'll get the hang of this!


I realize the title of this blog post is a bit immature.  However, as I was faithfully doing my strumming practice with my new (correct) pick hold, it still feels outrageously awkward.  Like my right arm is not swinging naturally.  I want to attack the strings, rather than let my pick glide gently and lovingly over the strings creating beautiful music.  And my upstrum?  Seriously pitiful.

Nevertheless, I did practice.  I am going to give the strumming emphasis just a few more days and then I need to move on to more left hand skills.  I've been mainly playing easy songs and easy chords while concentrating on the strum, but it's time to challenge myself a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment