Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day 7 - There Are No Rules To Break

I didn't realize that rhymed.  Hmmm, perhaps a song??


I had an entirely different post outlined in my head from the one I'm actually publishing. I will save the interesting article for another day.

 

Today I played guitar.

 

I need to get that out of the way since today I did not want to play guitar. Nothing against the guitar but it was one of THOSE days. We all have shitty days when work sucks, family life sucks, we have aggravations, frustrations or aches and pains of some sort. So today sucked, tomorrow will probably be worse and the weekend will be spent at sports tournaments. 

 

So all I have to look forward to is Monday??



When in an foul mood I just want to withdraw from the world and spend time reading inappropriate romance novels or surfing the internet for Jon Bon Jovi pictures.  Guitar playing was not on my radar at all.

Just discovered the Photo Booth app on my iPhone.  Fun!



 

Thankfully I made my 365 Guitar Project rule simple: 

Play guitar every single day. 


No official practice necessary and no minimum play time. I am thankful I have just a little insight into how I operate - I know better than to make grand resolutions I can't keep.

So, after I was done taking crazy pics with my phone, I picked up my Fender intending to just strum a song or two and go in search of a stiff drink and a novel.  Interestingly (or not), once I started playing I didn't feel the need to stop right away.

I actually got a tiny bit of "practice" in.  I worked on my power chords.  That's it.

Then I plugged in headphones and played along to some of my favorite songs.  My guilty pleasure song almost made me happy for a moment there, but I'm still cranky.

Day 7 is over and I'll summarize my first week another day.  Now that this post is published, the wine bottle is mine!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment