Sunday, November 24, 2013

Day 23 - Sidetracked Again But Making Promises!




So Friday I was supposed to evaluate my week and videotape myself playing.  I was sick and busy so it didn't get done.  I put it off until today but guess what?  I forgot to do so. 

No, that wouldn't be exactly correct.  I chose not to do so.  I am such a procrastinator.

I did play guitar twice today, but (and here comes the lame excuse) I didn't feel like fixing my hair in order to record myself.  This is the weakest excuse ever because I just need the sound.  My gorgeous self doesn't have to be on camera. 

Honestly, I have this dread about recording - almost like I'm taking a test.  Could it be a flashback to school anxiety?  I don't know.  However, I solemnly vow:

Tomorrow I will record myself playing guitar.

 

I think I'll do my fave song, Bringin' on the Heartbreak  as well as the Beatles tune I've been working on the past few days, I Want to Hold Your Hand.    Perhaps I'll also record the opening riff to Wanted Dead or Alive.  We'll see.

OK, so getting rich has nothing to do with my guitar practice plan, lol.
 
 

Here's my plan for the upcoming week.

 
 
Sunday
Review Stage 1
Last minute review of Stages 1-4 and then record myself.  Really.  I mean it this time. 
 
Monday
Review Stage 5
 
Tuesday
Review and practice any of the above
 
Wednesday
Review and practice any of the above.
 
Thursday
Review Stage 6
 
Friday
Review and practice any of the above. 
 
Saturday
Review and practice any of the above.
 
Sunday
Assess progress and make plan for next week.
 

Looking at the skills for Stage 5 and 6, it should  be a breeze.  I have no problem with A7, D7, E7 (my current fave chord) or F.  Well, I do the "easy" F.  One of these days I will master the full barre F but I'm not gonna kill myself about it now.
 
HOWEVER, I don't want to rush through any of the other skills like I did last time.  Triplet rhythms, for example.  I haven't done those in a bit, but I recall it was fairly easy.  But I need to practice along with the dreaded metronome.  I have a huge problem with rhythm and keeping time.  So slowing down and going through the lessons meticulously will only help me in the long run.  No sense adding new skills onto a sloppy base.

Actually, in proofing here I wonder if I should simply stick to focusing on Stage 5 this week.  If in doubt, I'll just do Stage 5.  I will have some extra time on my hands (being Thanksgiving week and two extra days off work!) so maybe it won't be a stretch to get Stage 6 in here.  We'll see :)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment