Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 18 - It Wasn't One Of "My Songs," But I Played It Anyway

Yesterday I mentioned the Justin Guitar Stage 4 practice song I Want to Hold Your Hand  by The Beatles.  In the past I haven't done much with the Justin Guitar practice songs, to be honest.  I like MY songs - my favorite music that I aspire to play along to.

However, since this time I'm reviewing the Beginner Course in the way it was intended, I made peace with practicing this song - a lot. 

It is simple to play with only these chords:  G, C, D, Em, B7, Dm.  My only issue is quickly changing to the B7 with speed and accuracy.  Soooo, I pulled out my new best friend, Mr. Metronome. 

I started at about 60 bpm and increased it up to maybe 90, playing a DDUUD pattern.  I think my efforts were passable.

Then I moved into pleasure mode and played MY songs.  Just a few tonight:  These Days and my old standby, Bringin' on the Heartbreak.  I even located a 1982 video of Def Leppard lipsyncing to the album version.  I could barely recognize the band; they look like babies!  Joe Elliott had brown hair back in the day, lol.  It was a nice trip down memory lane.

Here ya go....




No comments:

Post a Comment