Monday, December 2, 2013

Days 30-32




Thank goodness my resolution was only to PLAY guitar daily and not to blog daily!  Now that we are officially in the Christmas season, I suspect I will be checking in only a few times per week.

I have done "official" practice sessions these past few day.  Still working on the 7th chords.  Only B7 and G7 are problematic.  B7 is just a matter of quickly moving my fingers to the proper position and it's coming along well.

G7 is  more of a finger stretching issue.  When I play the chord, my first finger tends not to land squarely on the first fret.  I play it at an angle.  I've already mentioned that I do not have "guitar hands" and, although I've improved in stretchiness over this past year of playing, there are some things that are difficult.  And G7 without a crooked finger is an issue.

It helps to bring the palm of my hand up closer to the neck of the guitar. Since this is my year to correct bad habits, I am trying to play this one slower to make sure my first finger is as close to perfect as possible.  After practicing it a bit it hurts my hand!  Lol.

Otherwise, all is well.  I think I'll move on from Stage 5 in the next day or two.  One thing I will do, that I did not do the first time through the Justin Guitar course, is revisit the blues from time to time.  This way I will improve in skill even if bluesy songs aren't what I prefer to play for "fun."




photo credit: boston_camera via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment